- This event has passed.
Black Girl Ventures creates access to capital for Black and Brown women-identifying founders. The BGV Pitch Program flips the traditional pitch experience on its head: we coach entrepreneurs, host a live crowdfunded event, then connect them to community and professionals to suport them on their jouney.
We democratize funding by allowing the audience to vote with their dollars for the founder who’s pitch they favor. The live-crowdfunding event is a high-energy, fun, focused and supportive environment that includes community in being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
How BGV Pitch works?
- Attend the event.
- Listen to dynamic women pitch their businesses.
- Vote with your dollars. Donate to the idea you favor. Your donations go to the women!
- All 8 women receive pre-seed funding for their business based on your donations.Winners will receive cash and prizes including:
- Cash from the audience donations
- $3,000 in Google credits
- A consultation with a lawyer
- A consultation with an accountant
- 5 hours of business coaching with Shelly Bell
- Access to the Hubspot Start Up program
Pitch participants must identify as women and Black or Brown. However, audience participation is NOT specific to race, gender, creed or identity. Apply to pitch.
Light food and drinks will be served. [Please bring a valid ID]
This event is open to the public.
We believe that the future of inclusion is NOT to create more silos, but that we can be leaders for Black/Brown women and everyone can help us do that. Everyone can cheer on and advocate for women founders at BGV!
Even if you’re unavailable to attend you can support women entrepreneurs by donating. The Black Girl Ventures Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are charitable donations.
Please note: There will be photography and videography at this event for promotional purposes. Your RSVP is an acknowledgment of photography and videography.
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.