- This event has passed.
Stop by the KC Outpost, just two blocks from the convention center, on Sunday, March 10! Leaders from America’s most centrally located metro are collaborating with the nation’s top minds to test out new technologies and create a thriving community.
You’ll converse with national experts about the future of transportation, smart city technology and cybersecurity – plus discuss issues around diversity and attracting STEM talent. #SXSWKC
The event will be an inspiring oasis for innovators, entrepreneurs, city leaders and journalists, featuring:
- Breakfast tacos and cocktails
- Unique discussions that bring to life trendsetting innovations
- Exclusive tastings, interactive experiences, curated conversations with our industry-thought leaders, and more!
- 8:30 AM: Doors open; come on in!
- 9:00 AM: How Smart City programs are transforming American cities
- 10:00 AM: New ways to attract – and keep – talented tech workers
- 11:00 PM: Fireside Chat: Fostering diversity and inclusion in 2019 and beyond
- 12:00 PM: U.S. Whiskey rebounds | Demo and tasting
- 1:00 PM: Cybersecurity: Critical issues to watch in 2019
- 2:00 PM: Will Hyperloop transform the way we travel?
- Miguel Gamiño Jr., EVP, Head of Global Cities, Mastercard
- Sara Slocum, Recruiting Team Leader, Garmin International
- Rodney Sampson, Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- Ryan Kelly, CMO, Virgin Hyperloop One
- Eric Foster, COO, Fishtech Group
- Ryan Maybee, Co-Founder, J. Rieger & Co.
- Ruthbea Clarke Yesner, VP of Smart Cities, International Data Corporation (IDC)