Editor’s Note: We’ve seen many excellent guides to all things SXSW like this one from Austin Bloggy Limits, or GSD&M‘s proof that Pinterest isn’t just for wedding planning for unengaged women (aside from the day trips, why would you go to San Antonio when you’re in town for South By?), but we thought we’d stop telling you to wear sensible shoes, and instead ‘real talk’ the fest. Contributor Sam knows his South By – he even got into Kanye West at Seaholm party last year – if that isn’t SXSkill, we don’t know what is.
– Bill Murray will bartend everywhere – except where you are.
– You will catch your significant other staring longingly at someone whose swag bag is twice the size of yours.
– Your favorite watering holes will become unfamiliar. Spiderhouse will not serve food. Magnolia will assume a funereal air. At Shangri-la, Sam will no longer know your name, and Alysa has forgotten the faces of your children.
– People will complain about how commercial SXSW has become while sipping their third free Bacardi® and coke.
– She doesn’t actually like you, dude. She just wants you to retweet her.
– HAS ANYONE SEEN MY CHILD? HERE IS HIS PICTURE AND A COPY OF HIS QR CODE.
– No, they probably have not heard of your blog. No, not even with 20k unique visitors.
– I’m sure your ongoing basement show in north Round Rock is definitely “the place to be” this week, but…
RSVPster: we’ll never be sorry for partyin’.
You must belogged in to post a comment.